This morning when Claire woke up she said, "Mommy, do you think Aspen will be born today? I just can't stand it any longer! I want her here now." David and I concur! We feel like time has stopped and everything is at a stand still. I have to remind myself to breathe sometimes. Claire and I were at a store the other day and she saw some cute baby clothes and she used some of the money that Grandma Patty and Grandpa Dave gave her at Thanksgiving to buy a cute little outfit for Aspen. The front of the outfit says "adorable, loveable, huggable". I'm the luckiest Mom - soon there will be 2 adorable, loveable, huggable girls! Claire and I were also looking at a Pottery Barn baby magazine, and Claire was ooing and aahing over the little babies and said, "Mommy, don't you just love their little toes? I mean, like they are so adorable!!!" (she loves that word).
I spent many hours making a gift to give to Aspen's birthmom Ashley... a handmade quilt. I made one for Aspen too that is identical to Ashley's, each quilt has their name embroidered on it. Claire helped me choose the fabric, David helped me stay awake to get them finished before the birth, and my friend Ginger helped me with her invaluable quilting knowledege and skills.
Some of my friends surprised us with a brand new infant car seat and some baby clothes. The car seat is the prettiest one I've ever seen! It's quite the fashion statement. Apparently car seats have expiration dates stamped on them, and the infant car seat we used for Claire is now expired. So we were quite touched by the gift. We have so many wonderful friends that are so excited for us. I get phone calls or emails daily from friends and family calling to see if little Aspen is here yet... it's like her arrival is the most anticipated event of the decade!