We ate Thanksgiving dinner with Brenda's numerous family members. We managed to get a family photo, you can barely see Aspen sitting halfway up on an Uncle's lap and Claire is sitting behind Brenda and David.
Claire was so happy to spend lots of time with her cousins. I got some cute photos of Claire and Aspen with their girls cousins on David's side.
I captured some cute photos of Aspen playing with Brenda's 3 brothers: at the piano, with her brother's dog and with one who kindly offered to carry Aspen while we were shopping.

We also got to go skiing several days while we were in Utah and had a fabulous time. One day we went with one of David's brothers and his wife and another day we took one of Claire's cousins and taught her how to ski.
Here is a video of Claire skiing that Brenda took while on skis as well. We really had a fantastic time skiing. Claire kept trying to convince Brenda to strap Aspen to Brenda's back and carry her while we skiied as she saw someone else doing that. Brenda was not thrilled about the potential of Aspen getting hurt, so we let her stay in playing with her Aunt Natalie inside. We'll start teaching Aspen to ski when she is 3 like we did with Claire. Here is a photo of Claire skiing down the mountain!!
Here is a funny story about Aspen. Often when I feed her in her high chair, I take off all her clothes except her diaper as she is so messy. Shortly after Halloween one day I fed her, and when she was done, I set heron the floor in the kitchen for a couple minutes while I was washing off the tray as it was so sticky...She managed to open the pantry door and found Claire's plastic pumpkin with candy in it and knocked it onto the floor. I heard the noise so I turned to look. I let her play with the contents that spilled as the candy was all individually wrapped and she liked the noise it would make when she'd pick it up. So I turned back to the sink to finish washing the tray. A minute later I hear Aspen making happy sounds like "MMMM", so I turn to look, and she had managed to get the wrapper off a lolipop!!
She was quite enjoying her find! It was too funny, so I grabbed the camera quick before I took away her lolipop. You can see the end of the stick in her little hand.
Claire does not let me recycle the baby food glass jars, she likes to paint them and use them for her many "projects" she is always inventing.
Aspen is now 10 months old and she is getting busier by the moment! She just cut her first set of molars, she now has 8 teeth and she still likes to chew on everything. She is almost 18 pounds, and she has dropped down into the 25 % for weight for babies her age and height. She is 28 inches tall - which puts her in the 80% for babies her age!! She can climb the stairs quite well, but has not figured out how to get down... here are some cute photos of her.

Here is a cute photo of Claire and Aspen playing in the beautiful maple tree in our front yard, it's just the perfect size for little kids to climb in without giving mom a heart attack.

Claire has been busy this fall with a year round swim team. She is really enjoying it and earning lots of ribbons.
Claire is such an awesome big sister, she loves little Aspen so much. She has nicknamed her "Pip" which is somehow short for "little sis". She begged us to let her take Pip for a stroll the other day even though it was so cold!! So we did and we all had fun!
and we got to take Claire downtown with us one night to see the Broadway musicial called "Wicked", we all enjoyed it so much, especially Claire.
That is it for now, but I'll post again soon with some Christmas photos. We wish all our friends and family an enjoyable, memorable, safe holiday season!!
No comments:
Post a Comment