Friday, February 8, 2008

Night Owl






Night Owl (noun). A person who stays up and is active late into the night. We have learned that Aspen is nocturnal, she is like a little baby owl. She slept all day, then was wide awake from 1 am to 4 am. She would just lie there cooing and looking around and taking in her surroundings. Occassionally she squeaks and then she'll fuss a bit when she wants milk. I could not put her down, she was so darn cute. So now I'm walking around sleepy. She is also very strong. I had her lying against my chest and she was lifting up her head and holding it up for minutes! I was so impressed. She looks you right in the eyes. Her legs are also incredibly strong, she already tries to stand up.

Everyone at the pediatrician's office was so excited to meet Aspen today. She is doing great, she lost a few ounces which is not uncommon. She has been drinking up a storm today.

Aspen and I walked to the bus stop this afternoon to meet Claire on the school bus, the weather was so nice. Claire dropped her bookbag and came running and hugged and kissed Aspen. She calls her "little sissy". Claire and I made up a song for Aspen this afternoon: "We love to see our little Aspen, she is so beautiful, she is our little miracle, that came from heaven above. For your sister and your parents have wanted you forever. We loved you even before you were born. You are our precious angel."