We couldn't resist taking this photo. The welcome matt was a gift and it just fits Claire and Aspen's personalities. Last week when we were at the beach, one of the teenage boys went fishing everyday and he'd catch these big fish that were hard to reel in and hang onto as they were flopping all over. One day he asked to hold Aspen, and when he handed her back, he said, "she's wigglier and harder to hold than those big fish I caught!" We think she's more like a monkey than a fish however, she likes to "climb" up your chest when you hold her against you and she bounces all over the place. Claire calls her a "bobble head". Claire wanted me to point out that Aspen is the monkey with the smaller head.

Everyday when Claire comes home from school, the first thing she says is, "I gotta get my hands on that little girl..." Then she kisses her and hugs her and plays with her until I make her go do her homework. Here are some photos of Claire (8 years old) and Aspen (8 weeks old).

It always amazes me that anywhere we go, people will ask about baby Aspen, people have even stopped me to get a better look at her. No matter how old or young we are, people are touched by the miracle of new life, by the feel and smell of a little baby and everyone will delight in seeing her grin or coo. They even think she's cute when she cries. It is quite magical to me actually, the power this sweet little baby has over grown adults and kids of all ages.
Aspen is such a happy baby, she's so much more interactive now and she'll smile away at us, especially after she's had her "milk shakes" as we call her bottles. She is very intense about feeding time, don't delay her when she's hungry, because she will let you know that she is hungry! The other day she was mad I wasn't fast enough getting her bottle ready, and I'm saying to her, "It's coming baby, just hold on. You don't want to drink it cold, just be patient." I know that I'm just seconds away from bringing to her that which will give her strength and calm her down... but she's so impatient. I could not help but think how even myself as an adult is like that in many ways. Sometimes we get frustrated when things don't go exactly how we wanted them to go or if we don't get what we want or think we need fast enough. And then things will work out and all will be well, and I think God must be shaking his head at me saying, "I told you to just have a little patience". As adults, our needs are really not any different than those of this sweet little baby girl... all we really need is food for our bodies, and a bit of attention and a place to sleep at night where we feel safe and secure and lots of love and hugs and to know that we are needed and wanted and loved. So many hugs from us to any of our friends and family that love us enough to be reading this blog entry!
Our hearts and souls are eternally overflowing with happiness, love and gratitude for our 2 beautiful, wonderful, amazing, sweet little girls. We pray God will bless everyone with patience and happiness. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment