I will attach a video I took while she was on her tummy.She is also becoming much more interactive with us, and she smiles alot! Here is another short video of her smiling away! (sorry, it's sideways)
Our internet connection has been terrible for a week. It's finally working well enough that I could update our blog. We are excited for Claire's spring break from school which is next week. We are going with some friends to a beach in Florida, this will be Aspen's first vacation! And her first time to see the ocean, not that she'll remember it.... We get to stop and visit Brenda's brother in law who is in the Air Force and stationed near our vacation location. He is so excited to meet Aspen.
Claire and I went shopping to find a beach hat for Aspen, and Old Navy was the place! We found her a matching swim suit that we couldn't resist, she's so cute in it! She'll probably never even get in the water, but at least she'll be dressed for the part! We also got her a sweat suit to put over her swim suit to keep her warm. Clarie dislikes shopping for clothes, but apparently I've found her groove, and it's not shopping for herself, but for her little sister! Here are some photos, if you click on them it will make it larger.

Other than sleeping against one of us, this is Aspen's favorite way to sleep, curled up at the foot of her Moses basket.

One night last week Aspen actually slept for 6 straight hours in the middle of the night!! It's only happened that one night, she still wakes twice a night usually.
She is starting to stay awake more during the day now. I'll usually get one hour of awake time with her before that wears her out. If I take her in the car, that knocks her out for several hours straight. I strap her to me in a sling when I go to read with Claire's class every week and she sleeps through the whole thing, much to the disappointment of the kids in Claire's class. Claire is so proud to show off her baby sister at school.
We took Aspen to listen to Claire sing at school. One of our favorite songs is "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. Claire told this to her music teacher when they were choosing what song to sing at the concert so her teacher taught the class to sing it in honor of Claire's new baby sister! I'll attach the video clip here, sorry it's not that great. You can see Claire in the very center, she loves singing and performing.
Here is one last photo for now of Aspen playing.
I may not be able to post anything else until we get back as I won't have internet access. So hang in there until Monday April 17th and I'll have lots more to post from our trip to the beach!! Also, a huge thank you to AEA for that absolutely beautiful, amazing letter we just received! You made us smile and brought many happy, grateful tears to our eyes. We are truly blessed to have you in our lives. :-)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness- she is so beautiful!! And I can NOT believe she is rolling over already. It hasn't been long enough for that! She is so cute, and I love her clothes! And I love how cute Claire is with her. All your dreams are coming true!
Post a Comment